No charges filed against Gustine man accused in death
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man accused of killing his girlfriend in the North Valley is going free.
Gustine police arrested 46-year-old David Franklin last Friday after he called to report his girlfriend had hung herself.
Detectives say his statements didn't add up, and he has a history of drug use and domestic violence, but the district attorney's office has decided there is not enough evidence at this point to file charges against Franklin.
Officers found the victim at this home on Wallis and Ash. She's been identified as 34-year-old Misty Garcia.
Prosecutors tell Action News the investigation is still ongoing. Franklin is set to be released from jail Wednesday night.
gustine, merced county, local
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Fresno burglary suspect arrested in Central Fresno
- 3 arrested for mail theft in Madera
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Fire Safety