No charges filed against Gustine man accused in death
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man accused of killing his girlfriend in the North Valley is going free.
Gustine police arrested 46-year-old David Franklin last Friday after he called to report his girlfriend had hung herself.
Detectives say his statements didn't add up, and he has a history of drug use and domestic violence, but the district attorney's office has decided there is not enough evidence at this point to file charges against Franklin.
Officers found the victim at this home on Wallis and Ash. She's been identified as 34-year-old Misty Garcia.
Prosecutors tell Action News the investigation is still ongoing. Franklin is set to be released from jail Wednesday night.
gustine, merced county, local
- Amber Alert canceled after Long Beach boy found safe 1 min ago
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Chowchilla
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery