No charges filed against Gustine man accused in death
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man accused of killing his girlfriend in the North Valley is going free.
Gustine police arrested 46-year-old David Franklin last Friday after he called to report his girlfriend had hung herself.
Detectives say his statements didn't add up, and he has a history of drug use and domestic violence, but the district attorney's office has decided there is not enough evidence at this point to file charges against Franklin.
Officers found the victim at this home on Wallis and Ash. She's been identified as 34-year-old Misty Garcia.
Prosecutors tell Action News the investigation is still ongoing. Franklin is set to be released from jail Wednesday night.
gustine, merced county, local
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini, 51, dies
- Fresno City Manager Mark Scott resigns
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- Natura recalls pet food after salmonella test
- Porterville to vote on gay pride proclamation
- Dave Chappelle is back with new Funny or Die tour
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno Co 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder