Crash claims three lives near Porterville
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Three Porterville residents are dead after a crash in the South Valley.
The California Highway Patrol says a 27-year-old driver and her passengers were headed south on Road 284 in heavy to moderate rain when she ran a stop sign at Highway 190 just after 3 a.m. Thursday morning.
Her Chevy Impala was hit by a Toyota Tacoma pickup truck headed west on 190.
All three people in the car were killed. The 56-year old driver of the pickup suffered moderate injuries.
The CHP says alcohol appears to be a contributing factor, and none of the people in the car were wearing seatbelts.
porterville, tulare county, accident, local
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Authorities are investigating a homicide in Fresno Co 1 min ago
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District
- FBI fatally shoots man in Boston bombing probe
- Former Bullard Star Taylor Gets Coaching Start at Kerman 36 min ago
- Valley students helping tornado-ravaged town of Moore 52 min ago
- Stand-up paddling is catching on
- David Cameron: London attack could be terror
- Life or death? Jodi Arias jury deadlocked
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort
- Crabtree may have a torn Achilles tendon
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- Ben Bernanke signals Fed to maintain stimulus efforts
- Accuweather Forecast
10 min ago