Crash claims three lives near Porterville
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Three Porterville residents are dead after a crash in the South Valley.
The California Highway Patrol says a 27-year-old driver and her passengers were headed south on Road 284 in heavy to moderate rain when she ran a stop sign at Highway 190 just after 3 a.m. Thursday morning.
Her Chevy Impala was hit by a Toyota Tacoma pickup truck headed west on 190.
All three people in the car were killed. The 56-year old driver of the pickup suffered moderate injuries.
The CHP says alcohol appears to be a contributing factor, and none of the people in the car were wearing seatbelts.
porterville, tulare county, accident, local
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach over trash dispute
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs 35 min ago
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Almond crop expected to take a massive hit 49 min ago
- Honey oil explosion ends with felony arrest
- Enforcing water restrictions in Madera County and City 20 min ago
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif.
- Fresno State launches Good Samaritan Fund
- Teachers are in demand at VUSD
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels
- Fresno State QB Competition Open
56 min ago
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to...
36 min ago