Thunderstorms cause flooding in the South Valley
VISALIA, Calif. (KFSN) -- A big clean-up is ahead for parts of the Valley Thursday morning after a powerful thunderstorm rolled through.
Lightning flashed and thunder roared along with the storm last night in the South Valley. The rain came down so hard at one point police said it began to flood into the Office Depot store on Mooney Boulevard in Visalia. The fire department responded to the scene.
Around the corner from the store, the water rose up to the front lawns of several homes on this residential street.
Closer to the center of the city, on Willis and Race, many streets were also flooded after the storm moved out.
flooding, storm, visalia, tulare, porterville, tulare county, local
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos