Thunderstorms cause flooding in the South Valley
VISALIA, Calif. (KFSN) -- A big clean-up is ahead for parts of the Valley Thursday morning after a powerful thunderstorm rolled through.
Lightning flashed and thunder roared along with the storm last night in the South Valley. The rain came down so hard at one point police said it began to flood into the Office Depot store on Mooney Boulevard in Visalia. The fire department responded to the scene.
Around the corner from the store, the water rose up to the front lawns of several homes on this residential street.
Closer to the center of the city, on Willis and Race, many streets were also flooded after the storm moved out.
flooding, storm, visalia, tulare, porterville, tulare county, local
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Sikh man who was beaten shares his story
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos