Thunderstorms cause flooding in the South Valley
VISALIA, Calif. (KFSN) -- A big clean-up is ahead for parts of the Valley Thursday morning after a powerful thunderstorm rolled through.
Lightning flashed and thunder roared along with the storm last night in the South Valley. The rain came down so hard at one point police said it began to flood into the Office Depot store on Mooney Boulevard in Visalia. The fire department responded to the scene.
Around the corner from the store, the water rose up to the front lawns of several homes on this residential street.
Closer to the center of the city, on Willis and Race, many streets were also flooded after the storm moved out.
flooding, storm, visalia, tulare, porterville, tulare county, local
- USC routs No. 21 Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl 4 min ago
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos