Madera residents show love for their community
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Signs are going up around the City of Madera urging residents to love their city.
It's a volunteer effort designed to help people and improve the places where they live. With a little heart, a bit of time, and a lot of muscle.
This Saturday, Madera residents are invited to take part in the city's first "Love Madera" community service day. Volunteer opportunities include: renovation projects, park cleanup, helping at the local shelter, and numerous other activities.
Madera is not alone, almost 40 cities in the Valley will all be doing community service on the same day.
madera, madera county, local
- Marathon tragedy inspires woman to help save lives
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter
- Health Watch: 5 clues to Alzheimer's
- Consumer Reports evaluates top toilet papers
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Prizefighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76