Houston-area mom says 1 of 6 newborns is sick
HOUSTON -- A Houston-area woman who had sextuplets says five are "cruising along as expected for preemies" while the sixth baby is sick.
Lauren Perkins of Pearland used her website to offer an update on the three boys and three girls.
The infants were born Monday at Texas Children's Hospital in Houston. Authorities say five of the babies, born about two months premature, are now breathing on their own.
Hospital officials say no updates on the infants will be provided until Monday.
Perkins was allowed to hold one of her daughters Thursday. She also says the baby who's sick has been making progress. The new mom did not elaborate.
The Houston Chronicle reports the children have been named Andrew Noah, Benjamin Luke, Levi Thomas, Allison Kate, Caroline Grace and Leah Michelle.
- Ryan Rodriquez found safe in Fresno County
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos