Houston-area mom says 1 of 6 newborns is sick
HOUSTON -- A Houston-area woman who had sextuplets says five are "cruising along as expected for preemies" while the sixth baby is sick.
Lauren Perkins of Pearland used her website to offer an update on the three boys and three girls.
The infants were born Monday at Texas Children's Hospital in Houston. Authorities say five of the babies, born about two months premature, are now breathing on their own.
Hospital officials say no updates on the infants will be provided until Monday.
Perkins was allowed to hold one of her daughters Thursday. She also says the baby who's sick has been making progress. The new mom did not elaborate.
The Houston Chronicle reports the children have been named Andrew Noah, Benjamin Luke, Levi Thomas, Allison Kate, Caroline Grace and Leah Michelle.
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight 32 min ago
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks 24 min ago
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered 19 min ago
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Prizefighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Health Watch: 5 clues to Alzheimer's 39 min ago