CRMC nurse selected as Mother of the Year
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A longtime nurse at Community Regional Medical Center received a surprise from family and friends.
The Fresno County Women's Chamber of Commerce has selected Julie Christopherson as the 2012 Mother of the Year.
Julie has been a nurse for 30 years, and at work, she's also considered a mother figure because of the way she helps her new co-workers.
Friday morning, family members and friends filled a delivery room for the presentation, where she received flowers and a crown. She says she is honored and amazed to be considered.
Julie has six children: five boys and one girl, and four grandchildren, with another on the way.
fresno, fresno county, community regional medical center, local
- Magnitude-7.5 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos