CRMC nurse selected as Mother of the Year
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A longtime nurse at Community Regional Medical Center received a surprise from family and friends.
The Fresno County Women's Chamber of Commerce has selected Julie Christopherson as the 2012 Mother of the Year.
Julie has been a nurse for 30 years, and at work, she's also considered a mother figure because of the way she helps her new co-workers.
Friday morning, family members and friends filled a delivery room for the presentation, where she received flowers and a crown. She says she is honored and amazed to be considered.
Julie has six children: five boys and one girl, and four grandchildren, with another on the way.
fresno, fresno county, community regional medical center, local
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Sal's prepares holiday tamales
55 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos