CRMC nurse selected as Mother of the Year
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A longtime nurse at Community Regional Medical Center received a surprise from family and friends.
The Fresno County Women's Chamber of Commerce has selected Julie Christopherson as the 2012 Mother of the Year.
Julie has been a nurse for 30 years, and at work, she's also considered a mother figure because of the way she helps her new co-workers.
Friday morning, family members and friends filled a delivery room for the presentation, where she received flowers and a crown. She says she is honored and amazed to be considered.
Julie has six children: five boys and one girl, and four grandchildren, with another on the way.
fresno, fresno county, community regional medical center, local
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals