Parlier man found guilty of killing his sister
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A jury found a Parlier man guilty of killing his sister last year.
Jesus Nunez was found guilty in the involuntary manslaughter of his sister, Leticia Casas. Nunez was also found guilty of child endangerment and being a felon with a gun.
Prosecutors argued he intentionally fired a gun to scare off some dogs at his sister's home in March 2011. But that bullet hit and killed his sister. Nunez was not legally allowed to have a firearm because of three felony convictions.
Action News talked to the jury foreman soon after the verdict.
Justin Jenini said, "It was really just a tragic occurrence but after weighing all the evidence we did come to those decisions."
Nunez's sentencing is scheduled for the morning of Friday May 25th. He could serve more than 15 years in prison.
murder, crimetracker, court, shooting, parlier, fresno county, fresno, local, mariana jacob
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies