Man arrested in shooting near Fresno State
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- New details in a late night shooting that left one woman dead and four others wounded in Northeast Fresno.
Fresno Police say neighbors reported the sounds of gunfire at the Oasis Apartments just after 11 o'clock on Friday night.
Investigators have arrested Arthur Howlin, 25, in connection with the shooting of five people in an apartment.
The coroner's office has confirmed Tina Banks, 45, died at the scene. Investigators say Bank's was Howlin's estranged wife.
Four victims were rushed to Community Regional Medical Center with serious injuries. They are now in stable condition.
Action News talked to one neighbor who knows some of the victims. "It was just a couple of people coming over who were drinking some beers and it just escalated into something else."
Other neighbors say they're now considering moving out after the murder. "If I had kids I wouldn't be here, I would definitely be out of the area, it's just not a place to bring up children."
Police are not giving us a many details but we do know that Arthur Howlin has been booked for murder and attempted murder.
This is Fresno's 18th murder of the year.
crimetracker, shooting, community regional medical center, fresno police department, fresno northeast, fresno, fresno county, local, mariana jacob
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Sikh man who was beaten shares his story
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos