Fire at a Southeast Fresno liquor store
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno Fire says the flames broke out at a liquor store on Butler near Hazelwood around 10 p.m. Sunday night. Firefighters say smoke and flames were coming out of the back of the building when they arrived.
Only one person was inside the store when the fire broke out. Authorities say it took them a several minutes to find the exact location where the fire was burning inside the building.
"It was just a hard place to find, they couldn't see it right off the bat, had to take a step back and figure out how to get back into that area," said Dan Mendoza with the Fresno Fire Department.
Authorities say the fire started inside a very small and hard-to-get-to area of the store. But they still don't know what sparked the flames. The fire department says the man inside the building had to be treated on scene for anxiety, but he's expected to be okay.
fire, fresno southeast, fresno, fresno county, local
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members