Police find Southeast Fresno chop shop
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police say they discovered a chop shop in Southeast Fresno on Chestnut near Church on Monday.
Police found a car and weapons at the home. They arrested 22-year-old Domonique Coronado, who they say is a known gang member.
Officers say there was also a military vest and a sawed off shotgun hidden in a wall behind a poster. They say in many cases the vehicles and guns are used to commit violent crimes.
Police say an average of nine cars are stolen in Fresno each day, down from 20 at this time last year.
They say they were led to the scene after gathering information at another chop shop earlier in the day.
fresno, fresno county, fresno southeast, crimetracker, local
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Are there enough police officers in Visalia?
- Good Sports: Kensuke Tanaka
- Dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose
- Fresno's bike lane battle continues
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Hotels helping displaced guests after Oakhurst Lodge fire
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting