Police find Southeast Fresno chop shop
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police say they discovered a chop shop in Southeast Fresno on Chestnut near Church on Monday.
Police found a car and weapons at the home. They arrested 22-year-old Domonique Coronado, who they say is a known gang member.
Officers say there was also a military vest and a sawed off shotgun hidden in a wall behind a poster. They say in many cases the vehicles and guns are used to commit violent crimes.
Police say an average of nine cars are stolen in Fresno each day, down from 20 at this time last year.
They say they were led to the scene after gathering information at another chop shop earlier in the day.
fresno, fresno county, fresno southeast, crimetracker, local
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos