Cops say a Fresno woman robs bank to pay PG&E
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police arrested a woman they say robbed a bank in Northeast Fresno -- and then tried to use some of that money to pay her PG&E bill.
A short time later, officers received word about a possible suspect, who matched the same description at the PG&E building in Downtown Fresno.
Investigators say Cunningham told them she came to pay her bill and admitted to robbing the bank.
"Bank robberies are one of the least successful crimes in any criminal attempt," Lt. Burke Farrah. We have a very, very high conviction rate on bank robbery. And it's also a federal offense which means that it can mean time in federal prison."
It's not yet known exactly how much cash Cunningham took.
crimetracker, robbery, bank of america, fresno, fresno county, fresno northeast, local
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members