Unsafe levels of nitrates in Valley drinking water
PARLIER, Calif. (KFSN) -- About a hundred people gathered in Parlier to learn more about a report linking Ag fertilizers to unsafe levels of nitrates in drinking water.
Researchers from UC Davis say nitrates are a serious health concern that are known to cause birth defects, cancers and thyroid conditions.
Thursday, they heard from farmers on how to clean up the pollution and prevent it from happening in the future. They'll take their findings to the state water board in three weeks. The state water board will then make recommendations to the legislature.
parlier, fresno county, local, linda mumma
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos