Unsafe levels of nitrates in Valley drinking water
PARLIER, Calif. (KFSN) -- About a hundred people gathered in Parlier to learn more about a report linking Ag fertilizers to unsafe levels of nitrates in drinking water.
Researchers from UC Davis say nitrates are a serious health concern that are known to cause birth defects, cancers and thyroid conditions.
Thursday, they heard from farmers on how to clean up the pollution and prevent it from happening in the future. They'll take their findings to the state water board in three weeks. The state water board will then make recommendations to the legislature.
parlier, fresno county, local, linda mumma
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- 10 more bodies found inside sunken ferry by divers
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Credit card skimming device found at gas station
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Singer Juan Gabriel released from Vegas hospital
- Easter Brunch recipe
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos