Two arrested in alleged Hanford copper pipe theft
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Kings County investigators say they have arrested two people after an alleged copper pipe theft in Hanford.
Authorities were called to a home on 14th Avenue in Hanford on Friday afternoon with reports of two people stealing copper pipe from a water heating system, according to a media release sent by the Kings County Sheriff's Office. Once at the scene, sheriff's deputies were told that a man was seen running through a nearby pistachio orchard.
Investigators said they soon found 40-year-old Cristobal Palafox in the orchard and arrested him in connection with the incident. They also said they arrested 53-year-old Betty Wilson at the home on suspicion of being under the influence of a controlled substance. Both were booked into the Kings County jail.
hanford, kings county, crimetracker, copper wire theft, theft, local
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder 45 min ago
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos