Two arrested in alleged Hanford copper pipe theft
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Kings County investigators say they have arrested two people after an alleged copper pipe theft in Hanford.
Authorities were called to a home on 14th Avenue in Hanford on Friday afternoon with reports of two people stealing copper pipe from a water heating system, according to a media release sent by the Kings County Sheriff's Office. Once at the scene, sheriff's deputies were told that a man was seen running through a nearby pistachio orchard.
Investigators said they soon found 40-year-old Cristobal Palafox in the orchard and arrested him in connection with the incident. They also said they arrested 53-year-old Betty Wilson at the home on suspicion of being under the influence of a controlled substance. Both were booked into the Kings County jail.
hanford, kings county, crimetracker, copper wire theft, theft, local
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe