Madera Co pot grow shootout leads to arrest
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Madera County man is in custody after authorities say he was involved in an early morning gunfight over a marijuana grow.
25-year-old Miguel Angel Hueso of Colima, Mexico was arrested early Sunday morning at a mobile home on Avenue 19 ½ in Chowchilla, according to a press release sent by the Madera County Sheriff's Office.
Investigators said Hueso reported that he was awoken on Sunday morning by two men stealing marijuana plants from a plastic shed behind his home. Hueso said when he shouted at the trespassers they fired shots in his direction and he returned fire, driving them from the area.
It was not clear whether anyone was injured in the shootout. Authorities said the thieves got away with nearly a dozen plants before they were confronted.
According to Madera County authorities, the marijuana grow exceeded the size allowed by Madera County ordinance. Hueso also allegedly lacked a medical marijuana recommendation. More than fifty remaining plants were seized from the scene by investigators.
Hueso remains in jail on an immigration hold, and may face felony drug charges.
chowchilla, madera county, medical marijuana, crimetracker, shooting, local
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Madera County 42 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case 43 min ago
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed