Sammy Mercado's family holds benefit for missing teen
SANGER, Calif. (KFSN) -- Family members of a missing Sanger teen are working to raise money for a reward in the case. Sammy Mercado, 16, was last seen on April 12 at a marijuana garden east of Sanger.
Sunday Mercado's family members prepared for a benefit dinner at the Sanger Community Center in an effort to keep the search moving forward. The Fresno County Sheriff's Office says there have been no updates to report in the investigation, but his family members are hopeful a larger reward will lead to information.
"We're trying to stay strong. We're trying to stay focused and we're trying to get more support. Hopefully the more advocating that goes on, something will prevail. Something will come up," said Sammy's brother Felipe Mercado.
Several Valley businesses donated food and raffle prizes for Sunday's fundraiser. The family says they are thankful for the community's support.
The Fresno County Sheriff's Office has named Ernie Chanmany as a person of interest in the case. If you have any information, you are asked to call investigators.
missing person, sanger, fresno county, local
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices...
12 min ago