Man dies after being shot in a Tulare Co cemetery
TULARE COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man died Sunday afternoon hours after he was shot in a cemetery.
The shooting happened around 10 a.m. at the Smith Mountain Cemetery on Road 100 near Avenue 416 in Tulare County.
The Tulare County Sheriff's Office says the victim and several others were visiting a relative's grave when several people approached them. The people got into a fight, and during the struggle one of the suspects opened fire.
The victim, who has not been identified, was shot and died around 2:15 Sunday afternoon. The victim has only been identified as a male.
Investigators say the shooting appears to be gang related.
Stay with action news for the latest on this story.
dinuba, orosi, cutler, orange cove, reedley, london - tulare county, tulare county, crimetracker, shooting, homicide, local
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez 40 min ago
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks 49 min ago
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members