Man dies after being shot in a Tulare Co cemetery
TULARE COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man died Sunday afternoon hours after he was shot in a cemetery.
The shooting happened around 10 a.m. at the Smith Mountain Cemetery on Road 100 near Avenue 416 in Tulare County.
The Tulare County Sheriff's Office says the victim and several others were visiting a relative's grave when several people approached them. The people got into a fight, and during the struggle one of the suspects opened fire.
The victim, who has not been identified, was shot and died around 2:15 Sunday afternoon. The victim has only been identified as a male.
Investigators say the shooting appears to be gang related.
Stay with action news for the latest on this story.
dinuba, orosi, cutler, orange cove, reedley, london - tulare county, tulare county, crimetracker, shooting, homicide, local
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Man dies after being shot in the chest in Parlier
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 31 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- Near drownings on the rise 17 min ago
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 54 min ago
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Good Sports: Valley TNTV
52 min ago