Train collides with big rig near Crosby
CROSBY, TX -- We have more details what led up to a train and big rig collision near Crosby Monday morning.
The tanker truck got stuck at a crossing near Dayton Crosby Road and Ramsey Road. The trucker got out and went for help. That's when the train hit the truck, taking the cab with it.
One of the rig's diesel fuel tanks ignited and started a small fire. The tanker was partially damaged and spilled about 10 gallons of trietheyelene glycol, which is used in antifreeze and brake fluid.
Workers are now emptying the tanker.
- Tornado churns through Oklahoma City suburbs 4 min ago
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes 80 percent contained
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- The skinny on fitness video games
- The final push for California's 16th Senate seat
- Fresno Police open fire on suspect after bike chase
- La Tapatia fire prompts two business to evacuate in Fresno
- Hundreds of UC Merced students receive their degrees
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 winners list
- Photos: Best moments at Billboard Awards 2013
- Firebaugh man kills home invasion suspect with a sword
- Investigators look into Merced house fire
- California Classic Weekend half marathon
- Visalia PD cracks down on underage drinking
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos