Community Food Bank receives lunchtime donation
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A lunchtime event brought close to $11 hundred dollars to the Community Food Bank.
Local advertising agency JP Marketing presented the check to the nonprofit organization Tuesday afternoon.
Workers with the company spent all morning making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, then invited family, friends and clients to the office for the fundraiser.
"CFB is one we work with before and we went back to it because at the end of the day we believe food not only feeds the body it feeds the soul and spirit as well, which is very, very important," Jane Olvera Quebe, president of JP Marketing, said.
The company's president adds that they hold events like this because they believe in paying it forward, to build relationships with the community and other local groups.
community food bank, fresno, fresno county, local
- Oil slicks spotted in hunt for jet with 239 aboard 22 min ago
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos