Community Food Bank receives lunchtime donation
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A lunchtime event brought close to $11 hundred dollars to the Community Food Bank.
Local advertising agency JP Marketing presented the check to the nonprofit organization Tuesday afternoon.
Workers with the company spent all morning making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, then invited family, friends and clients to the office for the fundraiser.
"CFB is one we work with before and we went back to it because at the end of the day we believe food not only feeds the body it feeds the soul and spirit as well, which is very, very important," Jane Olvera Quebe, president of JP Marketing, said.
The company's president adds that they hold events like this because they believe in paying it forward, to build relationships with the community and other local groups.
community food bank, fresno, fresno county, local
- Authorities look for missing woman and daughter 26 min ago
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Walking Dead actress admits sending ricin to Obama
- Grieving Merced husband and father talks to ABC30
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Farmers markets hit by freeze
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos