Missing 9-year-old Sugar Land boy found safe
SUGAR LAND, TX -- A Sugar Land boy who had been missing since yesterday has reportedly been found safe.
Amsal Dhuka, 9, was found safe at a Sugar Land church, according to authorities. Officials also announced this morning that they're looking for a person of interest. They're looking for Kismat Momin, 34, who is believed to live in the Sugar Land area. They are looking for her and her red Toyota Corolla wth Texas license plate CC5-X097.
An Amber Alert was issued yesterday for Amsal Dhuka, 9, after he was last seen getting off the bus near the Landmark Apartments off FM 1464 where he lives, but his family says he never made it home.
Officials announced this morning that they're looking for a person of interest. They're looking for Kismat Momin, 34, who is believed to live in the Sugar Land area. They are looking for her and red Toyota Corolla wth Texas license plate CC5-X097.
Detectives with the Fort Bend County Sheriff's office and Fort Bend ISD police have been out canvassing the area all night long by their side more than 100 volunteers searching for this little boy.
A reward of up to $30,000 from a Houston retailers group and Fort Bend County Crime Stoppers is being offered for any information leading to Dhuka.
The boy goes to Lakeview Elementary School. Fort Bend ISD police confirm he attended classes yesterday. He was last seen getting off his school bus between 3:30 and 3:45pm yesterday afternoon. And right now, the biggest lead authorities have comes from his young friends, who got off the bus with Dhuka and saw him talk to a man in a red car.
Anyone who's seen a boy is being asked to call Fort Bend County Crime Stoppers at 281-342-TIPS. You can remain anonymous.
Dhuka is of Indian descent and has black hair. He is 4 feet tall and weighs about 90 pounds. He was last seen wearing blue jeans and a blue and white striped shirt. He was wearing black and gray Sketcher shoes and he was carrying a black and blue backpack. He also was wearing plastic black-framed glasses.
Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the latest details.
local, sonia azad
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking 10 min ago
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back 46 min ago
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer 53 min ago
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Fresno teen with cystic fibrosis to get lung transplant
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
- River Park Little League ready to play ball
39 min ago
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos