Missing 9-year-old Sugar Land boy found safe
SUGAR LAND, TX -- A Sugar Land boy who had been missing since yesterday has reportedly been found safe.
Amsal Dhuka, 9, was found safe at a Sugar Land church, according to authorities. Officials also announced this morning that they're looking for a person of interest. They're looking for Kismat Momin, 34, who is believed to live in the Sugar Land area. They are looking for her and her red Toyota Corolla wth Texas license plate CC5-X097.
An Amber Alert was issued yesterday for Amsal Dhuka, 9, after he was last seen getting off the bus near the Landmark Apartments off FM 1464 where he lives, but his family says he never made it home.
Officials announced this morning that they're looking for a person of interest. They're looking for Kismat Momin, 34, who is believed to live in the Sugar Land area. They are looking for her and red Toyota Corolla wth Texas license plate CC5-X097.
Detectives with the Fort Bend County Sheriff's office and Fort Bend ISD police have been out canvassing the area all night long by their side more than 100 volunteers searching for this little boy.
A reward of up to $30,000 from a Houston retailers group and Fort Bend County Crime Stoppers is being offered for any information leading to Dhuka.
The boy goes to Lakeview Elementary School. Fort Bend ISD police confirm he attended classes yesterday. He was last seen getting off his school bus between 3:30 and 3:45pm yesterday afternoon. And right now, the biggest lead authorities have comes from his young friends, who got off the bus with Dhuka and saw him talk to a man in a red car.
Anyone who's seen a boy is being asked to call Fort Bend County Crime Stoppers at 281-342-TIPS. You can remain anonymous.
Dhuka is of Indian descent and has black hair. He is 4 feet tall and weighs about 90 pounds. He was last seen wearing blue jeans and a blue and white striped shirt. He was wearing black and gray Sketcher shoes and he was carrying a black and blue backpack. He also was wearing plastic black-framed glasses.
Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the latest details.
local, sonia azad
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Growers watch hourly temps as cold snap approaches
- A wish is coming true for a South Valley girl
- Fresno supervisors approve moving coroner to sheriff
- OTRC: Paul Walker autopsy results released
- BART train evacuated after brake problem
- Family blames company for flammable water
- Man tries to kill ex-girlfriend by setting fire to home
- Blue jean bandits hit Eye Candy Fashion Boutique
- Man and two children killed in Merced fire
- Video: Fresno's Christmas Tree Lane sees big crowds
- Suspect hit in Fresno Co. officer involved shooting