Fresno police reveal details in officer-involved shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Action News has learned more about an officer involved shooting in East Central Fresno Tuesday afternoon.
Investigators are now revealing the identity of the person killed.
Police Chief Jerry Dyer is offering us a few more details on the events that led up to this shooting as well as more information about the suspect.
The deceased man been identified as 30 year old Manuel Armenta, and police they believe he may have been under the influence of methamphetine at the time of the shooting.
Action News is also learning more about the officer involved in this shooting. He's described as a 17 year veteran of the department.
On Tuesday police said the suspect was armed with a screwdriver and today, police showed us that screwdriver recovered at the scene, saying it had been sharpened in order to be used as a weapon.
Chief Dyer said the officer tried to use Taser first but then opened fire after that Taser had no effect.
fresno, fresno county, fresno east central, officer involved shooting, local, amanda perez
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Search resumes for missing Malaysian jetliner
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers 44 min ago
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea 2 min ago
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- Educators inspiring girls to pursue STEM jobs
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- School running: Keeping kids moving
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos