Stolen cross found, returned to Fresno church
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A cherished cross is back at a Fresno church after it was stolen.
The Vatican gave the cross to the shrine of St. Therese Catholic Church in Fresno. The cross was stolen last week and last night church officials say a woman found the cross in a field shortly after the break-in but didn't know where it came from.
Thieves broke into the church through a stained glass window, apparently to steal thousands of dollars worth of precious metals. Most of the other items stolen from the church were returned earlier by someone who wanted to remain anonymous.
fresno tower district, fresno, fresno county, theft, local
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes 80 percent contained
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- The skinny on fitness video games
- Fresno Police open fire on suspect after bike chase
- La Tapatia fire prompts two business to evacuate in Fresno
- Hundreds of UC Merced students receive their degrees
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 winners list
- Photos: Best moments at Billboard Awards 2013
- Firebaugh man kills home invasion suspect with a sword
- Investigators look into Merced house fire
- California Classic Weekend half marathon
- Visalia PD cracks down on underage drinking
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos