Stolen cross found, returned to Fresno church
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A cherished cross is back at a Fresno church after it was stolen.
The Vatican gave the cross to the shrine of St. Therese Catholic Church in Fresno. The cross was stolen last week and last night church officials say a woman found the cross in a field shortly after the break-in but didn't know where it came from.
Thieves broke into the church through a stained glass window, apparently to steal thousands of dollars worth of precious metals. Most of the other items stolen from the church were returned earlier by someone who wanted to remain anonymous.
fresno tower district, fresno, fresno county, theft, local
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices...
45 min ago