Visalia traffic stop leads to 4 burglary, drug, child endangerment arrests
VISALIA, Calif. (KFSN) -- Four people are in jail facing charges for drugs, child endangerment, and a string of burglaries in the South Valley.
Visalia Police released surveillance photo showing two people breaking the window of a Verizon Wireless store. Visalia police say several businesses in Downtown Visalia have also been broken into. In total, $5,000 in stolen property has been recovered. In all, police believe the two people are tied to at least 20 burglaries in Visalia.
Police say they made the bust after one of the suspects was pulled over for an expired car registration. That stop led police to a home in Visalia where two more people were arrested.
The traffic stop landed 32-year-old George Lucatero in the Tulare County Jail on 19 counts of conspiracy to commit burglary and commercial burglary. Chris Espinoza, 33, was also arrested for 19 counts of conspiracy to commit burglary and commercial burglary.
Raymond Chavarria, 40, was arrested on drugs charges after police say they found him at a home on Meadow with meth and drug paraphernalia. Finally, police say 39-year-old Raquel Lopez was found with a half ounce of crystal meth for sale. A four-year-old was also in the home. The child is now in protective custody.
The investigation into the cases is still open, and police say all four suspects could be facing more charges.
drug bust, burglary, crimetracker, visalia, tulare county, local, rick montanez
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake 1 min ago
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno 55 min ago
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings