Visalia traffic stop leads to 4 burglary, drug, child endangerment arrests
VISALIA, Calif. (KFSN) -- Four people are in jail facing charges for drugs, child endangerment, and a string of burglaries in the South Valley.
Visalia Police released surveillance photo showing two people breaking the window of a Verizon Wireless store. Visalia police say several businesses in Downtown Visalia have also been broken into. In total, $5,000 in stolen property has been recovered. In all, police believe the two people are tied to at least 20 burglaries in Visalia.
Police say they made the bust after one of the suspects was pulled over for an expired car registration. That stop led police to a home in Visalia where two more people were arrested.
The traffic stop landed 32-year-old George Lucatero in the Tulare County Jail on 19 counts of conspiracy to commit burglary and commercial burglary. Chris Espinoza, 33, was also arrested for 19 counts of conspiracy to commit burglary and commercial burglary.
Raymond Chavarria, 40, was arrested on drugs charges after police say they found him at a home on Meadow with meth and drug paraphernalia. Finally, police say 39-year-old Raquel Lopez was found with a half ounce of crystal meth for sale. A four-year-old was also in the home. The child is now in protective custody.
The investigation into the cases is still open, and police say all four suspects could be facing more charges.
drug bust, burglary, crimetracker, visalia, tulare county, local, rick montanez
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove 1 min ago
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View'
- Strahan's 'GMA' side job confirmed with his visit
- Ultimate Warrior cause of death revealed
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman