Fire destroys at least five businesses in Mariposa
MARIPOSA, Calif. (KFSN) -- People in the town of Mariposa are stunned after a fire tore through what they say is a melting pot of cultures, hidden right in the Central California foothills.
Officials say the fire began around 8:30 Friday night -- on Highway 140 and Fifth Street in Mariposa.
Part of the highway through the town is closed because of the investigation.
Watch the videos for complete coverage on the investigation and clean efforts.
fire, mariposa, mariposa county, local
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse 39 min ago
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate 22 min ago
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos