Fire destroys at least five businesses in Mariposa
MARIPOSA, Calif. (KFSN) -- People in the town of Mariposa are stunned after a fire tore through what they say is a melting pot of cultures, hidden right in the Central California foothills.
Officials say the fire began around 8:30 Friday night -- on Highway 140 and Fifth Street in Mariposa.
Part of the highway through the town is closed because of the investigation.
Watch the videos for complete coverage on the investigation and clean efforts.
fire, mariposa, mariposa county, local
- 5.7 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico
- BBQ101 at Caruthers High School
- Parlier homicide victim identified as Francisco Esquivel-Lucio
- Maldonado family sues Fresno over underground bike path
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Fresno Police looking for robbery suspect
- Bicyclist hit by big rig in Madera County
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Man allegedly downloads child porn at McDonald's
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- Crisis Map of Moore, Oklahoma Tornado Damage
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case