Fire destroys at least five businesses in Mariposa
MARIPOSA, Calif. (KFSN) -- People in the town of Mariposa are stunned after a fire tore through what they say is a melting pot of cultures, hidden right in the Central California foothills.
Officials say the fire began around 8:30 Friday night -- on Highway 140 and Fifth Street in Mariposa.
Part of the highway through the town is closed because of the investigation.
Watch the videos for complete coverage on the investigation and clean efforts.
fire, mariposa, mariposa county, local
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos