Fire destroys at least five businesses in Mariposa
MARIPOSA, Calif. (KFSN) -- People in the town of Mariposa are stunned after a fire tore through what they say is a melting pot of cultures, hidden right in the Central California foothills.
Officials say the fire began around 8:30 Friday night -- on Highway 140 and Fifth Street in Mariposa.
Part of the highway through the town is closed because of the investigation.
Watch the videos for complete coverage on the investigation and clean efforts.
fire, mariposa, mariposa county, local
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno 10 min ago
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Fresno teen with cystic fibrosis to get lung transplant
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
- Free health care enrollment fair held in...
10 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos