Fresno man involved in Sammy Mercado case wanted for murder
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno man first wanted for questioning in the disappearance of a Sanger teenager is now wanted for murder.
The Fresno County Sheriff's Department has announced an arrest warrant for murder, attempted murder, and weapons charges was issued for 21- year old Ernie Chanmany.
Deputies say 16-year-old Sammy Mercado was last seen on April 12th at a marijuana garden east of Sanger.
Chanmany was initially identified as one of the subjects possibly involved in Mercado's disappearance.
If you have any information on the suspect's whereabouts you are encouraged to call authorities.
sanger, crimetracker, local, linda mumma
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka 47 min ago
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 43 min ago
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88