Fresno man involved in Sammy Mercado case wanted for murder
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno man first wanted for questioning in the disappearance of a Sanger teenager is now wanted for murder.
The Fresno County Sheriff's Department has announced an arrest warrant for murder, attempted murder, and weapons charges was issued for 21- year old Ernie Chanmany.
Deputies say 16-year-old Sammy Mercado was last seen on April 12th at a marijuana garden east of Sanger.
Chanmany was initially identified as one of the subjects possibly involved in Mercado's disappearance.
If you have any information on the suspect's whereabouts you are encouraged to call authorities.
sanger, crimetracker, local, linda mumma
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Search resumes for missing Malaysian jetliner
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers 7 min ago
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap 37 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- Educators inspiring girls to pursue STEM jobs
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- School running: Keeping kids moving
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 59 min ago
- Accuweather Forecast
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos