Fresno man involved in Sammy Mercado case wanted for murder
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno man first wanted for questioning in the disappearance of a Sanger teenager is now wanted for murder.
The Fresno County Sheriff's Department has announced an arrest warrant for murder, attempted murder, and weapons charges was issued for 21- year old Ernie Chanmany.
Deputies say 16-year-old Sammy Mercado was last seen on April 12th at a marijuana garden east of Sanger.
Chanmany was initially identified as one of the subjects possibly involved in Mercado's disappearance.
If you have any information on the suspect's whereabouts you are encouraged to call authorities.
sanger, crimetracker, local, linda mumma
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers 50 min ago
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos