Porterville boy on bike hit by SUV
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A South Valley boy is recovering after a late night accident in Porterville.
Police say a SUV hit an 8-year old boy while he rode his bicycle at El Granito and School Avenue around 8 p.m. Monday night.
Authorities say the boy and his bike ended up under the SUV.
The boy suffered major head injuries and a broken leg and was taken to a Fresno hospital.
Porterville police say the boy was not wearing a helmet and a parked pickup blocked the SUV driver's view.
The driver of the SUV stayed at the scene and it doesn't appear she will face charges.
porterville, fresno county, accident, local
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather