Porterville boy on bike hit by SUV
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A South Valley boy is recovering after a late night accident in Porterville.
Police say a SUV hit an 8-year old boy while he rode his bicycle at El Granito and School Avenue around 8 p.m. Monday night.
Authorities say the boy and his bike ended up under the SUV.
The boy suffered major head injuries and a broken leg and was taken to a Fresno hospital.
Porterville police say the boy was not wearing a helmet and a parked pickup blocked the SUV driver's view.
The driver of the SUV stayed at the scene and it doesn't appear she will face charges.
porterville, fresno county, accident, local
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case
- Valley home invasion suspect arrested in Reno
- abcnews: US IDs 4 Americans Killed by Drones
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Fresno baby born on the way to Clovis Community
- Unemployment applications fall by 23,000
- Fresno pot shop closes amid ABC30 investigation
- New Fresno State president has strong Valley roots
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president
- Authorities investigate a homicide in Fresno Co.
- Merced County launches Citizen Alert system