North Fork man arrested on felony child neglect charges
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Madera County Sheriff Deputies arrested a North Fork man on charges of felony child neglect -- after his eight-and-a-half-month-old baby crawled out the open window of a van and fell to the ground head-first.
Sheriff Deputies arrested Marc McMurrain, 33, Tuesday morning. According to detectives, McMurrain left the baby in the vehicle, while he was unloading supplies for a nearby picnic at Bass Lake.
The child is expected to be ok, but for now, he has been placed in the care of Child Protective Services. Action News has also learned McMurrain has a criminal history, including previous charges of willful cruelty to a child.
crimetracker, madera, madera county, bass lake, north fork, local
- Industrial accident injures multiple people in Merced County
- Reward raised to $100K to find Ryan Rodriquez
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Local heroes honored for bravery in Fresno
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos