North Fork man arrested on felony child neglect charges
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Madera County Sheriff Deputies arrested a North Fork man on charges of felony child neglect -- after his eight-and-a-half-month-old baby crawled out the open window of a van and fell to the ground head-first.
Sheriff Deputies arrested Marc McMurrain, 33, Tuesday morning. According to detectives, McMurrain left the baby in the vehicle, while he was unloading supplies for a nearby picnic at Bass Lake.
The child is expected to be ok, but for now, he has been placed in the care of Child Protective Services. Action News has also learned McMurrain has a criminal history, including previous charges of willful cruelty to a child.
crimetracker, madera, madera county, bass lake, north fork, local
- Keeping safe this Memorial Day weekend 53 min ago
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Quick, long-term fixes in works for Washington bridge
- San Antonio flooding kills 1; 200-plus rescued
- Obama: Nation must do more for fallen heroes
- UK police arrest 3 more men in soldier's slaying
- 5 climbers feared dead on world's 3rd highest peak
- UK zookeeper dies from tiger attack injuries
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- Fresno State's famous sweet corn went on sale
- Are there enough police officers in Visalia?
- Accuweather Forecast
14 min ago