Another South Valley barber shop pole stolen
ARMONA, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two weeks ago Action News brought you the story of a barber shop pole stolen from a shop in Hanford. Now, investigators in Kings County are looking into another case of a stolen barber shop pole.
Another barber in the South Valley is without his signature red and white striped barber pole. Eber Coplin says he showed up to his Armona shop early Tuesday morning to find the barber pole had been pried off the wall. The theft didn't exactly surprise him.
Just two weeks ago Leonard's barber shop in Hanford had their pole stolen. Today, the brick wall outside the shop remains bare. The owner says they haven't been able to replace it yet. Kings County sheriff's officials aren't sure if the two thefts are related.
Coplin has had the pole hanging on the corner of his building since he first built the shop in 1957. Back then a haircut only cost a $1.25. He still has a poster of the style of haircuts from 55 years ago and says people continue to make requests for those cuts now. Coplin says the pole had a sentimental value to him.
Replacing the pole will cost Coplin hundreds of dollars. Whoever took it could face charges for grand theft.
Sheriff's deputies say the theft is unusual and are asking the public to come forward with any information.
crimetracker, theft, armona, hanford, kings county, local, jessica peres
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber
- Fresno State men's basketball to play in CBI tourney
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria 36 min ago
- 2.8-magnitude earthquake hits Coalinga area
- Runners hit streets for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- Clovis sting busts adults buying alcohol for minors
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over California
- Oprah Winfrey to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago 49 min ago