Tip led to chop shop bust in East Central Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A tip from an alert citizen led to a chop shop bust in East Central Fresno.
Police arrested three men in the area of Sierra Vista and Home. Investigators say the suspects were working out of a legitimate business -- but running an illegal operation.
Law enforcement officials say they found a stolen vehicle on the property -- but that was just the start.
"We've also located various component parts on the location which we believe will also result in other stolens," Sgt. Tim Tietjen said. "We're confident we're going to find more stolens from this location."
Investigators say that this operation was the typical chop shop -- people working out of what looked to be a business. But they also say they've seen these auto theft rings pop up all over -- including apartment buildings and even vineyards.
crimetracker, auto theft, fresno, fresno county, fresno east central, local
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 56 min ago
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown 12 min ago
- 2.8-magnitude earthquake hits Coalinga area 35 min ago
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- Car wash held to help family of murdered coach
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Man arrested after Hanford drug and weapons bust
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Photos of David Brenner through the years