Tip led to chop shop bust in East Central Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A tip from an alert citizen led to a chop shop bust in East Central Fresno.
Police arrested three men in the area of Sierra Vista and Home. Investigators say the suspects were working out of a legitimate business -- but running an illegal operation.
Law enforcement officials say they found a stolen vehicle on the property -- but that was just the start.
"We've also located various component parts on the location which we believe will also result in other stolens," Sgt. Tim Tietjen said. "We're confident we're going to find more stolens from this location."
Investigators say that this operation was the typical chop shop -- people working out of what looked to be a business. But they also say they've seen these auto theft rings pop up all over -- including apartment buildings and even vineyards.
crimetracker, auto theft, fresno, fresno county, fresno east central, local
- 5.7 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico
- BBQ101 at Caruthers High School
- Parlier homicide victim identified as Francisco Esquivel-Lucio
- Maldonado family sues Fresno over underground bike path
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Fresno Police looking for robbery suspect
- Bicyclist hit by big rig in Madera County
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Man allegedly downloads child porn at McDonald's
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- Crisis Map of Moore, Oklahoma Tornado Damage
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case