Tip led to chop shop bust in East Central Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A tip from an alert citizen led to a chop shop bust in East Central Fresno.
Police arrested three men in the area of Sierra Vista and Home. Investigators say the suspects were working out of a legitimate business -- but running an illegal operation.
Law enforcement officials say they found a stolen vehicle on the property -- but that was just the start.
"We've also located various component parts on the location which we believe will also result in other stolens," Sgt. Tim Tietjen said. "We're confident we're going to find more stolens from this location."
Investigators say that this operation was the typical chop shop -- people working out of what looked to be a business. But they also say they've seen these auto theft rings pop up all over -- including apartment buildings and even vineyards.
crimetracker, auto theft, fresno, fresno county, fresno east central, local
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Man stabs his uncle in the neck in SE Fresno
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Apartment fire displaces 8 people in SE Fresno
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Record number of manatee deaths reported in 2013
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos