Madera family losses home, wedding dress in fire
MADERA, Calif. (KFSN) -- A North Valley family is homeless tonight after a fire destroyed their house this afternoon.
It happened in Madera on Avenue 18 near Vine. Fire fighters say the fire started in the garage, then quickly spread.
Most of the home was destroyed -- including a wedding dress owned by the homeowners daughter who is getting married soon. The homeowners were only able to get items from one room after the fire was out.
"The biggest hazard that we had in the beginning was the power drop to the house. The line was down so we weren't able to put anybody on the one side of the structure," said Rhonda Myers with the Madera Fire Department.
Firefighters say the home is considered a total loss.
fire, madera, madera county, local
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members 12 min ago
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game 19 min ago
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Fresno's Operation Bulldog cracks down on...
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos