Car slams into a Madera family home
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Madera family is cleaning up after a car slammed into the side of their house. The crash happened on Beechwood near Rancho Friday afternoon.
The CHP says it appears a nineteen-year-old woman was going under the speed limit -- but didn't apply the brakes in time, she went through a fence and into the house.
The woman was the only person in the car. She was taken to Madera Community Hospital to be checked out. Officers aren't sure if she may have had a medical condition that could have caused her to lose control.
Thankfully, nobody was in the house at the time of the crash, and there were no serious injuries.
accident, madera, madera county, local
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes burns one home
- El Tapatio fire prompts two business to evacuate in Fresno
- Fresno Police open fire on suspect after bike chase
- Hundreds of UC Merced students receive their degrees
- Firebaugh man kills home invasion suspect with a sword
- Investigators look into Merced house fire
- California Classic Weekend half marathon
- Visalia PD cracks down on underage drinking
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Tornado-ravaged Texas town to start recovery
- Castaic-area brush fire fully contained
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos