Douglas recovering after traumatic incident
FRESNO COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Boston terrier rescued after running away from gunshots, is not only making a full recovery, but he's getting a lot of attention.
These days Douglas has quite a spring in his step. At least compared to the state he was in last week when anemia had gotten the best of his energy.
"He's starting to jump up on me and he actually ran across the yard yesterday. He's doing a lot better his energy is coming back up," said Whitney Mayeda.
Mayeda says he's bouncing back pretty quick. It only took some "TLC," medicine, and plenty of the nutrients he was once deprived of.
It was a good Samaritan who spotted the little terrier in Fresno County near Valentine and Nielsen. He was bleeding and limping. Even though its been more than a week his caretakers are still hoping that someone saw something
"All we can say is that we know he was running from gunfire and it's a possibility he was attacked by another dog or got into a fight with another dog."
While they wait for answers, they're using social media to their advantage -- and wishing they knew the "real" story about what really happened in his past life.
fresno southwest, fresno county, animal, local
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos