Man arrested after short standoff in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is in jail, after a one-hour standoff with police in Northwest Fresno.
Police arrested 36-year-old Shane Gilbert Sunday afternoon at his mother's apartment on Holt, near Shaw. Police say Gilbert was hiding because of prior narcotics and weapons offenses.
Officers were finally able to go in the apartment, with the help of police dogs, and arrest Gilbert -- who was hiding inside a closet.
Some residents of the apartment complex had to be evacuated but no one was injured during the standoff.
standoff, fresno northwest, fresno, fresno county, local
- Earthquake shakes parts of the Central Valley
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released 46 min ago
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam