Man arrested after short standoff in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is in jail, after a one-hour standoff with police in Northwest Fresno.
Police arrested 36-year-old Shane Gilbert Sunday afternoon at his mother's apartment on Holt, near Shaw. Police say Gilbert was hiding because of prior narcotics and weapons offenses.
Officers were finally able to go in the apartment, with the help of police dogs, and arrest Gilbert -- who was hiding inside a closet.
Some residents of the apartment complex had to be evacuated but no one was injured during the standoff.
standoff, fresno northwest, fresno, fresno county, local
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy