Man arrested after short standoff in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is in jail, after a one-hour standoff with police in Northwest Fresno.
Police arrested 36-year-old Shane Gilbert Sunday afternoon at his mother's apartment on Holt, near Shaw. Police say Gilbert was hiding because of prior narcotics and weapons offenses.
Officers were finally able to go in the apartment, with the help of police dogs, and arrest Gilbert -- who was hiding inside a closet.
Some residents of the apartment complex had to be evacuated but no one was injured during the standoff.
standoff, fresno northwest, fresno, fresno county, local
- Authorities are investigating a homicide in Fresno County 56 min ago
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president
- FBI fatally shoots man in Boston bombing probe
- David Cameron: London attack could be terror
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort
- Crabtree may have a torn Achilles tendon
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- Ben Bernanke signals Fed to maintain stimulus efforts
- Eric Garcetti elected Los Angeles mayor
- LA voters back measure to cap number of pot shops
- US home sales tick up to highest in 3 ½ years
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned