Orange Cove house fire kills two
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators are trying to determine the cause of a Fresno County fire that left two people dead this weekend.
It happened at a house on 9th street, near "E", in the city of Orange Cove early Sunday morning.
Video from an Action News viewer shows just how bad the flames were as firefighters tried to get the fire under control.
Firefighters say they arrived just five minutes after receiving a call on Saturday, but by the time they got there, the home, a car, and a couple of trees were completely involved.
"We had a vehicle fire that was directly as the site of the residence and that slowed down efforts to get in the structure fire," said Tom Greenwood with the Orange Cove Fire Protection District.
Two people inside the home were unable to make it out and died in the fire. Investigators from Fresno County fire are helping Orange Cove firefighters with the investigation, but at this point a cause hasn't been determined.
orange cove, fresno county, fire, local
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn 16 min ago
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Photos: Easter traditions explained
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in Texas
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up