2 motorcycle riders killed in DUI crash in Madera Co
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two people from Awhanee are dead after a suspected drunk driver hit them in the North Valley.
The California Highway Patrol says 41-year-old Gary Ragsdale and his female passenger only received minor injuries in the crash. But two motorcyclists were killed when they hit Ragsdale truck near Avenue 21 and Road 31.
Investigators say there was nothing the motorcycles could have done to avoid the crash. The pickup truck made a left turn right in front of the motorcycle into a private parking lot. Unfortunately because of the proximity the motorcycle was unable to stop and hit the pickup broadside.
Ragsdale was arrested on scene. He's now facing charges for vehicular manslaughter and DUI charges.
The identities of the victims are not being released at this time.
madera, madera county, dui, accident, local
- Pedestrian killed in Fresno HWY 99 hit and run
- Trial wrapping up for ex-Clovis cop Kyle Pennington 35 min ago
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes 41 min ago
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case 6 min ago
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash 15 min ago
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Porterville prepares for Iris Festival
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos