2 motorcycle riders killed in DUI crash in Madera Co
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two people from Awhanee are dead after a suspected drunk driver hit them in the North Valley.
The California Highway Patrol says 41-year-old Gary Ragsdale and his female passenger only received minor injuries in the crash. But two motorcyclists were killed when they hit Ragsdale truck near Avenue 21 and Road 31.
Investigators say there was nothing the motorcycles could have done to avoid the crash. The pickup truck made a left turn right in front of the motorcycle into a private parking lot. Unfortunately because of the proximity the motorcycle was unable to stop and hit the pickup broadside.
Ragsdale was arrested on scene. He's now facing charges for vehicular manslaughter and DUI charges.
The identities of the victims are not being released at this time.
madera, madera county, dui, accident, local
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members