Fresno Police: Shotgun disguised as a Super Soaker
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno man is facing charges Sunday for carrying a shotgun disguised as a toy.
Fresno Police arrested 54-year-old Randy Smith, after officers saw him in the area of Barton and Nevada with what appeared to be a "Super Soaker" water gun. But when they approached Smith and examined what they thought was a toy, officers realized a loaded home-made shotgun was actually built into the water gun.
Smith is a convicted felon. He is now in jail on charges including making an illegal weapon and possession of a fire arm.
fresno southeast, fresno central, fresno, fresno county, local
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather