Half Marathon closes roads in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Eye-Q California Classic half marathon course will close roads in much of Downtown Fresno, the Tower District, and around Roeding Park.
Nearly all of Downtown Fresno, from P Street in front of Fresno City Hall, to G Street will be closes starting at 6 a.m. Sunday morning.
The course will also close Van Ness from Stanislaus St. north to Olive Ave. -- Olive Ave. between Van Ness and Palm -- Palm between Olive and Belmont -- Belmont to Roeding Park -- Olive Between Roeding Park and Golden State -- Golden State between Olive and Belmont -- G Street to Tuolumne Street.
All roads are expected to be re-opened by noon on Sunday.
NOTE: Roads outside of the Downtown Fresno area will reopen after the race has passed that area. Downtown Fresno will be closed to traffic for the entire race.
fresno downtown, fresno tower district, fresno, eye q california classic, local
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy