Half Marathon closes roads in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Eye-Q California Classic half marathon course will close roads in much of Downtown Fresno, the Tower District, and around Roeding Park.
Nearly all of Downtown Fresno, from P Street in front of Fresno City Hall, to G Street will be closes starting at 6 a.m. Sunday morning.
The course will also close Van Ness from Stanislaus St. north to Olive Ave. -- Olive Ave. between Van Ness and Palm -- Palm between Olive and Belmont -- Belmont to Roeding Park -- Olive Between Roeding Park and Golden State -- Golden State between Olive and Belmont -- G Street to Tuolumne Street.
All roads are expected to be re-opened by noon on Sunday.
NOTE: Roads outside of the Downtown Fresno area will reopen after the race has passed that area. Downtown Fresno will be closed to traffic for the entire race.
fresno downtown, fresno tower district, fresno, eye q california classic, local
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather