Man in wheelchair hit by Porterville waste truck
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Porterville city waste truck hit and killed a pedestrian in a wheelchair on Monday.
It happened on D street near Olive Avenue.
Police say a 73-year old man was crossing the street in a marked crosswalk when the city truck hit him.
The victim had just come from a nearby laundromat where he goes every Monday morning.
"I got hysterical. It's hard enough to see an animal get hit but for a human being it was sad," witness Leticia Maldonado said.
The city employee involved in the crash is on paid administrative leave until a police investigation is complete.
porterville, tulare county, accident, local
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos