Fire hydrant hit and run in Downtown Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A hit and run accident in Downtown Fresno involving a fire hydrant is under investigation Tuesday morning.
The Fresno Fire Department responded to the area of College near Voorman Monday after neighbors reported they heard screeching tires and the car hitting the hydrant. The crash sent water shooting into the sky, but people said that by the time they made it outside the car already sped away.
The fire department was called out and they were able to shut off the water about 10 minutes later.
fresno, fresno county, fresno downtown, hit and run, local
- Standoff ends peacefully in Central Fresno 48 min ago
- Teacher convicted of sex with student sentenced
- State senate special election approaching
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley
- Photos: Aftermath of deadly tornadoes 31 min ago
- Madera County fire nearly contained
- Asparagus demand goes up as supply shrinks
- California cherry harvest begins
- California sheep ranchers face high costs, competition
- Tower District crimes attacked head-on
- Valley Works: Educational partnership providing opportunities
- FPU hopes Wilson is answer for women's hoops
- Experts say warm spring means more bugs
- Valley gets cutting-edge way to treat skin blemishes