Fire hydrant hit and run in Downtown Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A hit and run accident in Downtown Fresno involving a fire hydrant is under investigation Tuesday morning.
The Fresno Fire Department responded to the area of College near Voorman Monday after neighbors reported they heard screeching tires and the car hitting the hydrant. The crash sent water shooting into the sky, but people said that by the time they made it outside the car already sped away.
The fire department was called out and they were able to shut off the water about 10 minutes later.
fresno, fresno county, fresno downtown, hit and run, local
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation 17 min ago
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home 56 min ago
- Fatal Planada shooting alarmingly similar to another
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- 6 missing people found alive in northern Nevada
- Putin vows to beef up Arctic military presence
- Canada plans claim that would include North Pole