Fire hydrant hit and run in Downtown Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A hit and run accident in Downtown Fresno involving a fire hydrant is under investigation Tuesday morning.
The Fresno Fire Department responded to the area of College near Voorman Monday after neighbors reported they heard screeching tires and the car hitting the hydrant. The crash sent water shooting into the sky, but people said that by the time they made it outside the car already sped away.
The fire department was called out and they were able to shut off the water about 10 minutes later.
fresno, fresno county, fresno downtown, hit and run, local
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 22 min ago
- AP: FBI investigates prison company 6 min ago
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Unemployment rises to 6.7 percent in February
- Fresno County veteran receives national award
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase