Police: Parlier teens make up kidnapping story, trigger AMBER Alert
PARLIER, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Parlier teenager is safe and sound this morning after authorities say she made-up a kidnapping story.
Parlier Police believed two men attacked and kidnapped 17-year-old Melannie Dominguez Monday night in the area of Tuolumne and Mendocino. Dominguez's friend claimed two men in a gray Honda Accord approached them and then hit and dragged them to the car.
Authorities say Dominguez and her friend, created the story. Parlier Police say Dominguez lied because she was afraid she wasn't going to graduate from high school, and didn't want her parents to find out.
Parlier Police spent the night looking for Dominguez until her friend finally told officers the truth.
"She started to confess what happened, it got bigger than she though it would, directed us to where the supposed kidnapped juvenile was at and we found her there and returned her to her parents," said Sgt. Don Wallace with the Parlier Police Department.
About 150 people volunteered to look for the teen. Parlier Police found Dominguez hiding in a vacant home.
The teen could now face charges of filing a false police report.
amber alert, kidnapping, parlier, fresno county, local
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno 10 min ago
- I-5 over the Grapevine and HWY 58 closed due to snow
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather
- History of snow in Fresno and Porterville
- Madera man accused of murder faces unique circumstances
- Good Sports: Coach Mark Rogers
- Red Wave Gets To See Carr One Last Time
- Tips to keep cars running during cold weather