Three-year-old Merced boy killed in blaze
MERCED, Calif. (KFSN) -- Merced firefighters have pinpointed the cause of a fire that killed a toddler Tuesday morning.
The fire broke out at a home in the area of 12th and E Streets in Merced just before 10:30 a.m.
Family members tell Action News three-year-old Kareem Butler, Jr. died in his crib in the fire.
The preliminary report says the fire was started by the child's older sibling who was playing with a lighter.
There were at least four other people in the home at the time of the fire, and they all got out safely.
merced, merced county, fire, local, mariana jacob
- Fresno State's new president has been selected 6 min ago
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- Two Fresno State students share their stories from Oklahoma
- Crews race to find survivors of Oklahoma tornado
- Mysterious illness kills 2 in southeast Alabama
- Merced Co. may allow fireworks in unincorporated areas
- FUSD gives lessons on eating healthy
- Standoff ends peacefully in Central Fresno
- Jodi Arias asks for life in prison
- ESPN layoffs are the latest in a series of Disney cuts
- Teacher convicted of sex with student sentenced
- State senate special election approaching
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley