Merced City Council votes to repeal renter ordinance
MERCED, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Merced City Council has voted to repeal an ordinance designed to protect renters.
Monday night the council voted four-to-three to begin repealing the Just Cause for Eviction ordinance.
Council members Noah Lor, Mary Rawling and Bill Blake wanted to keep the ordinance intact.
The vote will permit the eviction of tenants who are in compliance with their leases when the title to the rental property transfers as a result of a foreclosure.
merced, merced county, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network 9 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening