Merced City Council votes to repeal renter ordinance
MERCED, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Merced City Council has voted to repeal an ordinance designed to protect renters.
Monday night the council voted four-to-three to begin repealing the Just Cause for Eviction ordinance.
Council members Noah Lor, Mary Rawling and Bill Blake wanted to keep the ordinance intact.
The vote will permit the eviction of tenants who are in compliance with their leases when the title to the rental property transfers as a result of a foreclosure.
merced, merced county, local
- One person killed in Fresno County crash 19 min ago
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight
- Marathon tragedy inspires woman to help save lives
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- Kraft recalls 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Photos: Valley families celebrate Easter
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter
- Health Watch: 5 clues to Alzheimer's