Parlier police plan to file complaint against teen
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police in Parlier say they plan to file a complaint of filing a false police report against a 17-year old girl.
The teenager triggered an AMBER Alert after making up a story about being kidnapped.
The AMBER Alert was issued Monday night when officers received word that two men attacked and kidnapped the teenager in Parlier.
Investigators later learned the girl and a friend made up the story because the girl was afraid she wasn't going to graduate high school and didn't want her parents to find out. The friend eventually told officers the truth.
The police department says the search put quite a strain on their resources.
"It's a big chunk its actually almost a third of our officers we have to call in and it takes a lot of our resources and overtime and with the financial issues on the budget it puts a strain on a lot of departments," Parlier Police Chief Ishmael Solis said.
150 people were involved in the search for the teen. She was found safe, hiding in a vacant home.
parlier, fresno county, amber alert, crimetracker, local
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Sikh man who was beaten shares his story
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos