Parlier police plan to file complaint against teen
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police in Parlier say they plan to file a complaint of filing a false police report against a 17-year old girl.
The teenager triggered an AMBER Alert after making up a story about being kidnapped.
The AMBER Alert was issued Monday night when officers received word that two men attacked and kidnapped the teenager in Parlier.
Investigators later learned the girl and a friend made up the story because the girl was afraid she wasn't going to graduate high school and didn't want her parents to find out. The friend eventually told officers the truth.
The police department says the search put quite a strain on their resources.
"It's a big chunk its actually almost a third of our officers we have to call in and it takes a lot of our resources and overtime and with the financial issues on the budget it puts a strain on a lot of departments," Parlier Police Chief Ishmael Solis said.
150 people were involved in the search for the teen. She was found safe, hiding in a vacant home.
parlier, fresno county, amber alert, crimetracker, local
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos