Parlier police plan to file complaint against teen
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police in Parlier say they plan to file a complaint of filing a false police report against a 17-year old girl.
The teenager triggered an AMBER Alert after making up a story about being kidnapped.
The AMBER Alert was issued Monday night when officers received word that two men attacked and kidnapped the teenager in Parlier.
Investigators later learned the girl and a friend made up the story because the girl was afraid she wasn't going to graduate high school and didn't want her parents to find out. The friend eventually told officers the truth.
The police department says the search put quite a strain on their resources.
"It's a big chunk its actually almost a third of our officers we have to call in and it takes a lot of our resources and overtime and with the financial issues on the budget it puts a strain on a lot of departments," Parlier Police Chief Ishmael Solis said.
150 people were involved in the search for the teen. She was found safe, hiding in a vacant home.
parlier, fresno county, amber alert, crimetracker, local
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos