Harry Baker will head to trial in molestation case
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A former Madera County supervisor accused of molesting a teenage girl will now head to trial.
This decision Wednesday -- after the judge allowed a key piece of evidence to be introduced in the case.
The evidence is a twenty minute video - secretly videotaped by two females at a Fresno hotel room back in 2007.
The judge agreed to enter it as evidence because it shows the interaction between the girl and 84-year-old Harry Baker.
Baker is accused of committing a lewd act against the minor.
The defense argues the whole thing was a set up -- part of a plan to extort money from an old man, but prosecutors insist he shouldn't have touched the girl inappropriately.
Defense attorney Rick Berman said, "He's shaking his head throughout this. He's saying no.
Prosecutor Becky Gong said, "He motions for Jane Doe to sit closer to him, to sit by him and taps on the bed for Jane Doe to sit closer to him."
The preliminary hearing wrapped up Wednesday afternoon. Baker is scheduled to be arraigned next month.
crimetracker, sex crimes, court, madera county, madera, fresno county, fresno, local, linda mumma
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno 28 min ago
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender 11 min ago
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- California farmers to get more water
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in Texas
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Photos: Easter traditions explained
- Accuweather Forecast
47 min ago
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
31 min ago
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex...
14 min ago