Harry Baker will head to trial in molestation case
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A former Madera County supervisor accused of molesting a teenage girl will now head to trial.
This decision Wednesday -- after the judge allowed a key piece of evidence to be introduced in the case.
The evidence is a twenty minute video - secretly videotaped by two females at a Fresno hotel room back in 2007.
The judge agreed to enter it as evidence because it shows the interaction between the girl and 84-year-old Harry Baker.
Baker is accused of committing a lewd act against the minor.
The defense argues the whole thing was a set up -- part of a plan to extort money from an old man, but prosecutors insist he shouldn't have touched the girl inappropriately.
Defense attorney Rick Berman said, "He's shaking his head throughout this. He's saying no.
Prosecutor Becky Gong said, "He motions for Jane Doe to sit closer to him, to sit by him and taps on the bed for Jane Doe to sit closer to him."
The preliminary hearing wrapped up Wednesday afternoon. Baker is scheduled to be arraigned next month.
crimetracker, sex crimes, court, madera county, madera, fresno county, fresno, local, linda mumma
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home 42 min ago
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno 21 min ago
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members
- Car Crashes into a Visalia Chipotle
- Man finds Reedley mother's stolen ashes
- Police identify Central Fresno murder suspect