Madera County man accused of molesting girl, 9
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Madera County man is under arrest, accused of molesting one of his young neighbors.
Jose Rodriguez, 52, was taken into custody Wednesday afternoon. Madera County detectives say the victim was only nine years old when the alleged crime happened.
Victor Garcia lives across the street. He claims Rodriguez caused problems in the area by drinking, and getting into arguments with neighbors. The area is filled with kids. And having four young children of his own, Garcia now worries about any contact they may have had with Rodriguez.
Victor Garcia said, "I'm worried about if there might be other persons out there that something could have happened to them."
Rodriguez moved out of the home about six months ago to a house in the city of Madera. He was arrested there Wednesday. While his family did not want to comment on the allegations, neighbor Nubia Chavez expressed her outrage.
Nubia Chavez said, "I'm really surprised. On top of that, there's schools here, there's high schools, there's elementary schools, there's a lot of kids through these streets."
According to detectives, Rodriguez won over his victim's trust. They say the allegations go as far back as 2006, that's six years before his arrest. They fear that in the several years he lived in this home, he could have done the same with other nearby children.
Erica Stuart with the Madera County Sheriff's Office said, "This investigation is in the very beginning stages and the detectives have asked me to at least get it out there that this is the man they arrested, these are allegations against him, the fact that they do believe there are other victims out there, and if anyone does have any information, that they should call."
crimetracker, sex crimes, madera county, madera, local
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Man stabs his uncle in the neck in SE Fresno
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Apartment fire displaces 8 people in SE Fresno
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Record number of manatee deaths reported in 2013
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos