Two seriously hurt in Merced River crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two people are seriously hurt after crashing their car off Highway 99 into the Merced River.
The accident happened in Merced County, near Collier Avenue in the Livingston area.
The CHP says the driver somehow lost control while heading south on 99. The car went through the median and rolled off the highway into the dry river bed.
Both people in the car were flown to a Modesto hospital in critical condition. Officers say they were both wearing seatbelts, which may have saved their lives.
Traffic was backed up for more than an hour after the crash.
merced, merced county, accident, local
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose
- Fresno's bike lane battle continues
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Hotels helping displaced guests after Oakhurst Lodge fire
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Costco plans new store in Hanford
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos