Two seriously hurt in Merced River crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two people are seriously hurt after crashing their car off Highway 99 into the Merced River.
The accident happened in Merced County, near Collier Avenue in the Livingston area.
The CHP says the driver somehow lost control while heading south on 99. The car went through the median and rolled off the highway into the dry river bed.
Both people in the car were flown to a Modesto hospital in critical condition. Officers say they were both wearing seatbelts, which may have saved their lives.
Traffic was backed up for more than an hour after the crash.
merced, merced county, accident, local
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies 25 min ago
- USC routs No. 21 Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl 1 min ago
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos