Widow of Minkler shooter arrested on car theft, chop shop charges
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The widow of the man who killed a deputy and an officer in Minkler, is in jail. She's accused of car theft and operating a chop shop.
Tulare County authorities say they arrested Diane Liles and her boyfriend Michael Anderson. Authorities say they found Liles and Anderson dismantling a stolen truck in the Tulare County town of London yesterday.
The Fresno Bee reports Diane Liles is the widow of the Minkler gunman who shot and killed a Fresno County Sheriff's Deputy and a Reedley Police officer during a shootout in 2010.
Fresno County Sheriff's Deputy Joel Wahlenmaier and Reedley Police Officer Javier Bejar died in the Minkler shoot-out in 2010. Rick Liles shot and killed himself. Diane Liles was in the couple's mobile home during the shootout, but was never charged.
minkler, london - tulare county, tulare county, kingsburg, dinuba, crimetracker, local
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting 4 min ago
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry
- Truck driver pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music 46 min ago
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list
- Surviving the mall's food court
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face US charges
- Selma High grad, Bobby Cox, elected to Hall of Fame
- 3 cars and FAX bus involved in crash
- Hanford man found dead inside a car in Armona
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Fresno man
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
51 min ago